floor coverers apprenticeship career
17 years old
1. Contact the nearest Training center to provide ACT or Next Gen Score OR make an appointment for testing.
2. Once you provide the documentation to the Training Center and meet the requirements, your Joint Apprenticeship Committee will provide you with instructions on how to proceed.
3. Locate an employer to hire you as an Apprentice. We can help with this!
4. Meet the Joint Apprenticeship Committee and sign your Apprenticeship Contract with the State of Wisconsin, Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards.
5. Begin work and school as soon as scheduled for you.
terms of apprenticeship
160 hours of classroom instruction each year. Includes hands-on learning at North Central States Regional Training Centers located in Madison or Kaukauna, WI. Lodging expenses may be paid for as part of the apprenticeship program.
A total of 6,240 hours of classroom learning and work experience.
Apprentices are paid during their entire four-year program and incremental wage increases coincide with program completion.
floor covering apprenticeship program classes
- Millwright 16 Hr Safety (OSHA 10)
- Industrial & Rough Terrain
- Aerial Lift
Resilient Sheet Goods/Seam Welding I
- Pattern Scribing
- Direct Scribing
- Seaming Methods
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Hot Melt Seaming
- Glue Down Seaming Methods
- Basic Stretch-in Installation
- Advanced Blueprint Reading
- Basic Layout Cutting & Fitting Underlayment Installation Floor Prep Requirements Various Individual Projects
Green Flooring Products
- Cork Installation/Finish App Methods
- Rubber Products
- Linoleum Products
- Procedure for Balanced Layout
- Concrete Moisture Requirements
- Cutting and Fitting Methods
- Various Individual Projects
- Rubber Treads/Risers/Stringer
- Flash Cove Vinyl Stairs
- Glue Down carpet Stairs w/Border
- Stretch-in Stairs w/Various Stair Finishes
Resilient Sheet Goods/Seam Weld II
- Flash Cove Vinyl
- Flash Cove Heat Welding
- Sheet Vinyl
- Seam Welding
- Carpet Tile
- Vinyl Backed Carpet
- Pattern Match Techniques
- Advanced Stretch-in Carpet
- Advanced Carpet Install
- UBC Best Practices in Health-Care Construction
- UBC Scaffold User
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Patterns / Designs / Inlays
Hardwood & Laminate
- Floating Floor Installation
- Glue Down Installation
- Nail Down Installation
- Sand & Finish
- Transition to Trainer